Human Rights Voices

While the UN devotes its human rights operations to the demonization of the democratic state of Israel above all others and condemns the United States more often than the vast majority of non-democracies around the world, the voices of real victims around the world must be heard.

Palestinian Authority/Gaza, October 11, 2015

Israeli Woman, 19, Badly Hurt In Knife Attack Near Hadera

Original source

Times of Israel

Four Israelis were wounded Sunday evening in a knife attack on Route 65 at the entrance to the kibbutz of Gan Shmuel, near the northern city of Hadera. One of the four, a 19-year-old female soldier, is in serious condition.

The terrorist, a 20-year-old Israeli Arab from Umm al-Fahm, was arrested by police at the scene. He was also injured in the attack, the second on Israelis on Sunday.

The Shin Bet identified the suspect as Alaa Raed Ahmad Ziwad of Umm al-Fahm, originally from the village of Silat al-Harithiya, who received Israeli citizenship through his father's family unification.

According to Army Radio, the attacker first ran over the 19-year-old woman, before getting out of the car and stabbing her and the three other victims.

The woman was evacuated to Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera, with stab wounds in her head and upper torso.

Two other victims, a 14-year-old girl with moderate wounds and a 20-year-old man who was lightly hurt, both arrived at the hospital under their own steam. A 45-year-old man also sustained hand wounds in the attack.

"When we arrived at the scene we saw, in the trench beside the highway, an unconscious 19-year-old woman with multiple wounds. We gave her lifesaving first-aid treatment including CPR, bandages and fluids and rushed her to the hospital," Magen David Adom paramedics Khaled Mura'i and Yehuda Haim said. "A 45-year-old man received medical treatment at the site and was taken to the hospital as well."

Channel 2 said that security forces carried out searches of the area to ensure that the terrorist did not have any accomplices. Police closed the stretch of Route 65 where the attack took place shortly after the incident.

According to Channel 10 television, security forces initially suspected a second terrorist may have fled the scene with a weapon belonging to one of the victims. Police later reported that no weapon was taken.

A video taken at the scene and posted online claimed to show the vehicle of the attacker at the scene.

Earlier in the day, a police officer was hurt when a Palestinian woman attempted to detonate an improvised car bomb near Jerusalem, and two Israelis were lightly hurt in separate rock-throwing attacks in the West Bank.